All the events start in front of the statue of Nelson Mandela at the beginning of his `walk to freedom‘ on February 13th, 1990 and progress through a scenic route that passes the Madiba House, the prison. The 27 km route continues through the adjacent wine farms to finish on the sports arena near the entrance. But 27 for Freedom is more than a running event. It is an experience everyone should participate in at least once in their life time. It is a historic, yet fun-filled, family day of reflection, celebration and nation building for the tens of thousands that will participate from across the sports, social, business and political landscape. It contributes directly to the preservation and promotion of the Nelson Mandela legacy and the historic `right of passage’ that his walk to freedom represent to current and future generations of South Africans and all freedom loving people.
Enter online at www.27ForFreedom.co.za / www.topevents.co.za (should you have any enquiries about entering online, please contact
Top Events on (021) 511 7130 or email email@example.com. Closing date for online entries, is midnight on Sunday 4th February 2018
Please note if payment is not received within 7 days of entry, your entry will be deleted.
Complete your entry form and fax it along with your deposit slip to (021)510 7230. Closing date for fax entries is 21st January 2018.
3. INSTORE ENTRIES
Hand deliver your entry form and cash to a cashier in any of the Sportsmans Warehouse stores marked below. You will receive two till slips, one to be stapled onto your entry form and the other serves as proof of your entry. Please bring this with you to number collection. Closing date for in-store entries 28th January 2018.
o Sportsmans Warehouse Canal Walk
o Sportsmans Warehouse Rondebosch
o Sportsmans Warehouse Sea Point
o Sportsmans Warehouse Somerset Mall
o Sportsmans Warehouse Tokai
o Sportsmans Warehouse Tygervalley
o Sportsmans Warehouse West Coast
o 3@1 Store in Paarl Shopping Mall – Place your completed entry form and cash in an envelope and drop it in the metal box in the 3@1 Store.
4. ENTRY FEES ARE NON REFUNDABLE AND WILL BE DONATED TO CHARITY.
5. NO ENTRIES WILL BE TAKEN ON RACE DAY EXCEPT FOR THE FREEDOM ROUTE 5KM FUN RUN/WALK AND NAPPY DASH.
1. Fax, in-store and online entries will receive a confirmation email (if an email address is provided by you.)
2. Prior to number collection you will receive a sms indicating your race number and number collection venue you selected on your entry form.
3. Please bring proof of your entry, email confirmation or sms confirmation with you to number collection on Friday 9th February 2018
10h00 – 17h00 at the store you selected on your entry form.
CHIP TIMING INFO:
START TIMES & CUT OFF TIMES:
1. 27KM……..06:30 & 10:00
2. 10KM……..07:00 & 10:00
3. Freedom Route Walk/Run (5km)……..09:00 & 10:00
1. Number collection for fax, in-store and online entries will take place on Friday 9th February 2018 from 10h00-17h00 at the following venues:
• Sportsmans Warehouse Rondebosch
• Sportsmans Warehouse Tygervalley
• Sportsmans Warehouse Somerset West
• Drakenstein Correctional Facility Paarl
2. NO NUMBER COLLECTION WILL TAKE PLACE ON RACE DAY.
3. No upgrades, downgrades or substitutions will be done after the closing date
|27KM MALE AND FEMALE|
|10KM MALE AND FEMALE|
Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their club vest. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
Cell phones, money and jewelry are not to be left in tog bags. No bag tag, no bag.
Date: 10 February, Saturday
Start Time: 6:30am
Entry Closing Date: 04 February, Sunday
Distance: 27km, 10km, Freedom Route 5km
Start Venue: Victor Verster Prison
Finish Venue: Drakenstein Correctional Facility (Formerly Victor Verster Prison, Paarl)