Enter online at www.safarihalfmarathon.co.za (should you have any enquiries about entering online, please contact Top Events on (021) 511 7130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.) Closing date for online entries, is midnight on Sunday 15th April 2018 Please note if payment is not received within 72 hours of entry, your entry will be deleted.
Complete your entry form and fax it along with your deposit slip to (021) 510 7230. Closing date for fax entries is Thursday 5th April 2018.
Please use you ID NUMBER as your reference.
3. IN STORE ENTRIES
Hand deliver your entry form and cash to a cashier in any of the Sportsmans Warehouse stores marked below.
o Sportsmans Warehouse Canal Walk o Sportsmans Warehouse Tokai
o Sportsmans Warehouse Rondebosch o Sportsmans Warehouse Tygervalley
o Sportsmans Warehouse Sea Point o Sportsmans Warehouse West Coast
o Sportsmans Warehouse Somerset Mall
You will receive two till slips, one to be stapled onto your entry form and the other serves as proof of your entry.
Please bring this with you to number collection. Closing date for in-store entries is Thursday 5th April 2018.
4. ENTRY FEES ARE NON REFUNDABLE AND WILL BE DONATED TO CHARITY IF AN ENTRY IS CANCELLED BEFORE RACE DAY.
5. NO ENTRIES WILL BE TAKEN AT NUMBER COLLECTION OR ON RACE DAY FOR THE 21.1KM OR 10KM EVENTS.
6. NO UPGRADES, DOWNGRADES OR SUBSTITUTIONS WILL BE ALLOWED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE – 5TH APRIL 2018
CONFIRMATION OF ENTRY
1. Fax, in-store and online entries will receive a confirmation email (if an email address is provided by you).
2. Prior to number collection you will receive a sms indicating your race number and number collection venue you selected on your entry form.
TOP EVENTS COMPULSORY DISPOSABLE TIMING CHIP
1. A Top Events Disposable timing chip will be placed on the front of your race number and covered by a foam strip on the back.
2. PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THESE. IF YOU DO YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE AN OFFICIAL TIME.
3. The strip is to prevent water and body fluids from affecting the chip signal. Please do not bend or fold your race number as this could affect the antennae and also the signal capability of the chip. There will be a results/photo look up area once you have exited the finish tunnels.
4. For all results or result queries please visit www.topevents.co.za or call (021) 511 7130 or email email@example.com.
5. ONLY the person assigned to this race number may use it.
6. The purchase and use of a disposable chip at a cost of R23.00 is compulsory for the 21.1km and the 10km and is already included in your entry fee.
Jetline Action Photo is proud to be part of the Safari Half Marathon 2018. This year, instead of pre-paid printed images, we are introducing a very cost effective pre-paid digital download at a cost of R120.00 for 2 images of your choice. Visit www.jetlineactionphoto.com to view your images.
STARTING TIMES & VENUES
21.1km Run 07:10 Willem Basson boulevard (next to Boland Rugby Stadium)
21.1km Walk 07:10 Blouvlei Road (next to top school gate)
5km Fun Run/Walk 09:00 General Hertzog Boulevard
10km Run/Walk 09:30 General Hertzog Boulevard
1. Number collection for all entries will take place on Friday 27th April from 09h00 – 17h00 and Saturday 28th April from 09h00 – 16h00 at the following venues:
• Sportsmans Warehouse Canal Walk
• Sportsmans Warehouse Rondebosch
• Sportsmans Warehouse Tygervalley
• Sportsmans Warehouse Somerset West
• Hugenote High School Wellington
2. NO NUMBER COLLECTION WILL TAKE PLACE ON RACE DAY.
3. Please bring proof of your entry, (email confirmation, till slip or sms confirmation) with you to number collection at the store you selected on your entry form.
GIVE YOUR TIME, TALENT AND TREASURES FOR OUR CHILDREN!
House Andrew Murray Child and Youth Care Centre (Children’s Home) cares for 154 children (ages 1 – 18 years) on a daily basis. They have been orphaned or referred to a place of safety such as ours by the Chidrens Court. In order to fully cater fro the spiritual, emotional, physical, intellectual, social and psychological needs of the children in our care, we depend on assistance from the community.
We believe that all children are special!
We would like to extend a special invitation to schools, parents, churches, corporates and individuals to become involved in our projects.
Please support our upcoming campaigns and events:
– Stationery, Toiletry & Medicine Drives – Ongoing
– Water Project Campaign – Ongoing (sealed 5L waters welcome)
– Upgrading of house units (painting inside, curtains, child friendly portraits)
– Sponsoring a child
– Adopting a house
– Charity Drive Kitchens (renovation of kitchens)
– Ham Open Day: 26 May 2018
– Dr Andrew Murray Awards Evening (Black Tie Dinner): Saturday 9 June 2018
– Christmas in July Shoe Box Project: July 2018
– Sparkling High Tea: 29 September 2018
– Golf day: Friday 26 October 2018
– Christmas Shoe Box and Closing: Saturday 24 November 2018
PRIZE MONEY & MEDALS
Gold Medals to the first 6 Male and Female finishers for the 21km.
Silver medals to finishers within 90minutes.
1st Wellington Club Member in the 21.1km male and female will each receive R 1000.00
21.1km Male and Female
10km Male and Female
1. The Safari Half Marathon is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and Boland Athletics.
2. The Safari 21.1km and 10km is open to all licenced and non-licenced runners of 14 years and older for the 10km and 16 years and older for the 21.1km.
3. Licenced runners must wear club colours. Official event race numbers to be worn on the front and a 2018 licence number on the
back of the vest.
4. Temporary licences are available at R40 for the 21.1km and 10km events.
5. Temporary licenced participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age.
6. Unlicensed runners must wear plain clothes (no advertising permitted). Official event race number to be worn on the front and
the temporary licence number on the back.
7. Personal seconding is not permitted. Private vehicles are requested not to follow the athletes on the route.
8. In addition to overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their club vest. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
9. Athletes competing for a category prize must wear age category tags (on the front and the back).
10. No swopping of race numbers or chips as these are linked to your names and finishing time and may result in disqualification.
11. Juniors must provide proof of age to qualify for prize money.
12. All traffic officers and marshals must be obeyed.
13. The race organisers reserve the right to accept or reject any entry.
14. Foreign athletes must comply with IAAF rule 4.2 and all relevant race and domestic rules. The athletes must be able to produce
the letter from his/her federation permitting participation on race day.
15. Kilometre markers will be placed at each kilometre mark.
16. Refreshments stations will be situated approximately every 3km.
17. Medals will be handed to all finishers.
18. Results will be available on www.topevents.co.za and www.safarihalfmarathon.co.za
19. Prize-Giving will take place between 11h00 and 11h30.
20. The club house and school toilets will be closed on race day, please make use of the portable toilets provided.
21. No ambush marketing.
22. There will be a tog bag facility for use at athlete’s own risk. Cell phones, money and jewellery are not to be left in tog bags.
NO PROOF OF NUMBER, NO BAG. A secure area for the safe keeping of tog bags is available in the school hall. Bags must be
collected by 12.00 on race day.
23. FREE parking will be available at the following venues: Huguenot Junior School & Boland Rugby Grounds.
24. For information regarding accommodation please contact the Wellington Tourism Bureau on 021 873 4604.
25. There are no shower facilities at the venue.