PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS A PRE-ENTRIES ONLY EVENT!
Date: Saturday, 4 February 2017
Venue: Cape Academy for Mathematics, Science & Technology
Address: Cnr of Firgrove & Spaanschemat Road, Constantia
Distances: 21.1km Half Marathon,10km Run/Walk & 5km Run/Walk
HOW TO ENTER:
ONLINE: Enter online at www.topevents.co.za (for enquiries, please contact Top Events: (021) 511 7130 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 29 January 2017.
FAX: Complete your entry form and fax it along with your deposit slip to (021) 510 7230. Closing date: Thursday the 26th January 2017.
INSTORE ENTRIES: Hand deliver your entry form and cash entry fee to a cashier in any of the Sportsman’s Warehouse stores marked below. You will receive 2 till slips, one to be stapled onto your entry form and the other as proof of your entry. Please bring this with you to number collection. Closing date: Thursday 26th January 2017.
You can enter at the following Sportsmans Warehouse stores in the Western Cape:
• Sportsmans Warehouse Canal Walk
• Sportsmans Warehouse Rondebosch
• Sportsmans Warehouse Somerset Mall
• Sportsmans Warehouse Tokai
• Sportsmans Warehouse Tygervalley
• Sportsmans Warehouse West Coast
• Sportsmans Warehouse Sea Point
No entries will be taken on race day for the 21.1km or 10km events, only for the 6km.
Entry fees are non-refundable and will be donated to charity, if an entry is cancelled before race day.
Confirmation of entry:
• Fax and online entries will receive a confirmation email (if an email address is provided by you)
• Prior to number collection you will receive an sms, indicating your race number and the registration venue you selected.
• Please bring proof of your entry, email confirmation or sms confirmation with to Number Collection on Friday 3rd February 2017 from 10h00 – 18h00.
Compulsory disposable timing chip:
1. 1 x Top Events Disposable Timing chips will be placed on the front of your race number and the foam will be placed on the back of your race number.
2. PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THESE. IF YOU DO YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE AN OFFICIAL TIME.
3. The strip is to prevent water and body fluids from affecting the chip signal. Please do not bend or fold your race number for this could affect the antennae and also the signal capability of the chip. There will be a results/photo look up area once you have exited the finish tunnels.
4. For all results or result queries please visit www.topevents.co.za or call (021) 511 7130 or email email@example.com
Start times & cut off times:
• 21.1km 05:45am & 09:15am
• 10km Run 05:50am & 08:00am
• 10km Walk 06:10am & 08:00am
• 6km Fun Run/Walk 07:00am
Start and finish venue:
Cape Academy for Mathematics, Science & Technology Centre
(Cnr of Firgrove & Spaanschemat Road, Constantia)
• Number collection for fax, in-store and online entries will take place on Friday 3rd February 2017 from 10h00 – 18h00 at:
o Sportsmans Warehouse Rondebosch
o Sportsmans Warehouse Tygervalley
o Sportsmans Warehouse Tokai
o Sportsmans Warehouse Sea Point
2. NO UPGRADES, DOWNGRADES OR SUBSTITUTIONS WILL BE DONE AFTER THE CLOSING DATE OF 19TH JANUARY 2017
Charity: Cape Academy for Mathematics, Science & Technology
The Western Cape Education Department (WCED) has established the Cape Academy of Mathematics, Science and Technology in Cape Town to provide specialised schooling for learners with the potential to excel in these subjects in the Senior Certificate examinations. The Academy accepts both day learners and boarders, and is situated in attractive surroundings in Firgrove Road, Constantia, Cape Town. The Academy draws learners from all communities, with an emphasis on those from previously disadvantage communities. While focusing on mathematics and science-related subjects, the Academy offers a full range of matriculation subjects. The school started in 2004 with learners in Grade 10. The Academy forms part of a broad WCED Mathematics and Science Strategy to improve results in these subjects throughout the province. The school seeks to increase the number of Senior Certificate candidates passing mathematics and science on the higher grade.
21.1km Male and Female
1. The Lion of Africa is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and WPA.
2. The Lion of Africa half marathon & 10km are open to all licenced and non-licenced runners of 16 years and older for the Half Marathon and 14 years and older for the 10km.
3. Licenced runners should wear club colours. Official event race numbers to be worn on the front and a 2017 licence number on the back of the vest.
4. Temporary licences are available at R40 for the 21.1km and R25 for the 10km Senior and R15 for 10km Junior events.
5. Temporary licenced participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age. Age category tags will be available for purchase at number collection.
6. Unlicenced runners must wear plain clothes (no advertising permitted). Official event race number to be worn on the front and the temporary licence number on the back.
7. Personal seconding is not permitted except at official refreshment stations. Private vehicles are requested not to follow the athletes on the route.
8. In addition to overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their club vest. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
9. Proof of age is required for category prizes.
10. Club colours must be worn to qualify for team prizes.
11. Juniors (born from 1998 onwards) wearing a junior or a senior licence must wear an age category tag to qualify for age group prizes. Juniors will count towards open team prizes.
12. No swopping of race numbers as the race number is linked to your name and finishing time and may result in your disqualification.
13. Each race distance has a different race number range and colour with your data captured electronically. Do not transfer between races without notifying the race organisers.
14. All traffic officers and marshals must be obeyed.
15. The race organisers reserve the right to accept or reject any entry.
16. Foreign athletes must comply with IAAF rule 4.2 and all relevant race and domestic rules. The athletes must be able to produce the letter from his/her federation permitting participation on race day.
17. The entry fee is non-refundable.
18. Kilometre markers will be placed at each kilometre mark.
19. Refreshment stations will be situated approximately every 3km along the route.
20. Medals will be handed to all finishers.
21. There will be tog bag facilities at the start for all events. All bags will be delivered to the finish area. Bags dropped off at runners’ own risk.
22. Toilets will be available at the start and finish.
23. Prize giving will take place at 09h30.
24. Results will be available at www.topevents.co.za and www.wpa.org.za
25. For safety reasons, the use of personal music players during road races is strongly discouraged. Any person using such a device in contravention of IAAF Rule 144.3(b), who fails to obey a reasonable instruction from a race official, may be disqualified and shall not be eligible for individual or team prizes.
Date: 04 February, Saturday
Start Time: 5:45am
Entry Closing Date: 29 January, Sunday
Province: Western Cape
Distance: 21.1km, 10km, 6km Fun Run
Start Venue: Cape Academy for Mathematics, Science & Technology Centre
Finish Venue: Cape Academy for Mathematics, Science & Technology