Enter online at www.safarihalfmarathon.co.za (should you have any enquiries about entering online, please contact Top Events on (021) 511 7130 or
email firstname.lastname@example.org.) Closing date for online entries, is midnight on Sunday 16th April 2017
Please note if payment is not received within 7 days of entry, your entry will be deleted.
Complete your entry form and fax it along with your deposit slip to (021)510 7230. Closing date for fax entries is Sunday 2nd April 2017.
3. IN STORE ENTRIES
Hand deliver your entry form and cash to a cashier in any of the Sportsmans Warehouse stores marked below.
You will receive two till slips, one to be stapled onto your entry form and the other serves as proof of your entry.
Please bring this with you to number collection. Closing date for in-store entries Sunday 2nd April 2017.
o Sportsmans Warehouse Canal Walk
o Sportsmans Warehouse Rondebosch
o Sportsmans Warehouse Sea Point
o Sportsmans Warehouse Somerset Mall
o Sportsmans Warehouse Tokai
o Sportsmans Warehouse Tygervalley
o Sportsmans Warehouse West Coast
4. ENTRY FEES ARE NON REFUNDABLE AND WILL BE DONATED TO CHARITY.
5. NO ENTRIES WILL BE TAKEN AT NUMBER COLLECTION OR ON RACE DAY FOR THE 21.1KM OR 10KM EVENTS.
6. NO upgrades, downgrades or substitutions will be allowed after the closing date – 2nd April 2017
CONFIRMATION OF ENTRY:
1. Fax, in-store and online entries will receive a confirmation email (if an email address is provided by you.)
2. Prior to number collection you will receive a sms indicating your race number and number collection venue you selected on your entry form.
3. Please bring proof of your entry, email confirmation or sms confirmation with you to number collection at the store you selected on your entry form.
1. 1 x Top Events Disposable Timing chip will be placed on the front of your race number and the foam will be placed on the back of your race number.
2. PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THESE. IF YOU DO YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE AN OFFICIAL TIME.
3. The strip is to prevent water and body fluids from affecting the chip signal. Please do not bend or fold your race number for this could affect the antennae and also the
signal capability of the chip. There will be a results/photo look up area once you have exited the finish tunnels.
4. For all results or result queries please visit www.topevents.co.za or call (021) 511 7130 or email email@example.com
Jetline Action Photo is proud to be part of the Safari Half Marathon 2017. This year, instead of pre-paid printed images, we are introducing a very cost effective
pre-paid digital download. If you take this option you will be entitled to two of the images of your choice at a cost of R99.00 for 2 images.
Visit www.jetlineactionphoto.com to view your images.
1. 21.1KM……..07h10 Gold Medals to first 6 male and female finishers. Silver medals to all finishers before 90 minutes
3. Cut-off time for all events is 11h00.
1. 21.1KM RUN Willem Basson Boulevard next to the Boland Rugby Stadium
2. 21.1KM WALK Blouvlei Road next to the school gate
3. 10KM RUN/WALK General Hertzog Boulevard
1. Number collection for fax, in-store and online entries will take place on Friday 28th April from 10h00 – 17h00 and Saturday 29th April from 10h00-17h00
at the following venues:
• Sportsmans Warehouse Canal Walk
• Sportsmans Warehouse Rondebosch
• Sportsmans Warehouse Tygervalley
• Sportsmans Warehouse Somerset West
• Hugenote High School – Wellington
2. NO NUMBER COLLECTION WILL TAKE PLACE ON RACE DAY.
3. COMPULSORY DISPOSABLE CHIP: the purchase and use of a disposable chip at a cost of R20.00 is compulsory for the 21.1km and the 10km.
21.1km Male and Female
10km Male and Female
1. The Safari Half Marathon is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and Boland Athletics.
2. The Safari 21.1km and 10km is open to all licenced and non-licenced runners of 14 years and older for the 10km and 16 years and older for the 21.1km.
3. Licenced runners must wear club colours. Official event race numbers to be worn on the front and a 2017 licence number on the back of the vest.
4. Temporary licences are available at R30 for the 21.1km and 10km events.
5. Temporary licenced participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and
provide proof of age.
6. Unlicensed runners must wear plain clothes (no advertising permitted).
Official event race number to be worn on the front and the temporary licence
number on the back.
7. Personal seconding is not permitted. Private vehicles are requested not to follow the athletes on the route.
8. In addition to overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical
age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their club vest. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological
age or any younger category down to senior.
9. Athletes competing for a category prize must wear age category tags (on the front and the back).
10. No swopping of race numbers or chips as these are linked to your names and finishing time and may result in disqualification.
11. Juniors must provide proof of age to qualify for prize money.
12. All traffic officers and marshals must be obeyed.
13. Proof of age is required for category prizes.
14. The race organisers reserve the right to accept or reject any entry.
15. Foreign athletes must comply with IAAF rule 4.2 and all relevant race and domestic rules. The athletes must be able to produce the letter from his/her
federation permitting participation on race day.
16. Kilometre markers will be placed at each kilometre mark.
17. Refreshments stations will be situated approximately every 3km.
18. Medals will be handed to all finishers.
19. Results will be available on www.topevents.co.za and www.safarihalfmarathon.co.za
20. Prize-Giving will take place between 11h00 and 11h30.
21. The club house and school toilets will be closed on race day, please make use of the portable toilets provided.
22. No ambush marketing.
23. There will be a tog bag facility for use at athlete’s own risk. Cell phones, money & jewellery are not to be left in tog bags. No bag tag, no bag.
24. FREE parking will be available at the following venues: Huguenot Junior School & Boland Rugby Grounds.
25. For information regarding accommodation please contact the Wellington Tourism Bureau on 021 873 4604
26. A secure area for the safe keeping of tog bags is available in the school hall. Bags must be collected by 12pm on race day.
27. There are no shower facilities at the venue.
Date: 01 May, Monday
Start Time: 7:10am
Entry Closing Date: 18 April, Tuesday
Distance: 21.1km, 10km, 5km
Start Venue: Hoërskool Hugenote High school, Wellington
Finish Venue: Hugenote Hoer Skool/High School