NO ENTRIES WILL BE TAKEN AT NUMBER COLLECTION OR ON RACE DAY EXCEPT FOR 5KM.
THERE ARE NEW START TIMES FOR ALL THE EVENTS.
Enter online at www.topevents.co.za. Should you have any enquiries about entering online, please contact Top Events on (021) 511 7130 or email email@example.com. Closing date for online entries and credit card payment is Sunday, 12th March 2017.
Complete your entry form and fax it along with your deposit slip to (021) 510 7230. Closing date for fax entries is Sunday, 5th March 2017.
3. IN-STORE ENTRIES
Hand deliver your entry form and cash to a cashier in any of the Sportsmans Warehouse stores marked below. You will receive two till slips, one to be stapled onto your entry form and the other serves as proof of your entry. Please bring this with you to registration. Closing date for in-store entries is Sunday, 5th March 2017. Entries will be done at the following Sportsmans Warehouse locations: Rondebosch; Tyger Valley; West Coast, Seapoint, Somerset West and Tokai
4. NO ENTRIES WILL BE TAKEN AT NUMBER COLLECTION OR ON RACE DAY EXPECT FOR THE 5KM.
5.ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND WILL BE DONATED TO CHARITY IF AN ENTRY IS CANCELLED BEFORE RACE DAY.
7. CONFIRMATION OF ENTRY
1. Fax, in-store entries and online entries will receive a confirmation email (if an email address is provided by you).
2. Prior to race number collection you will receive an sms indicating the race number collection details.
3. Please bring proof of entry and payment
8. NEW START TIMES AND START VENUES
1. 21.1km 06h00
2. 10km 06h30
3. 5km 08h30
9. CHIP TIMING INFO:
1. 1 x Top Events Disposable Timing chips will be placed on the front of your race number and the foam will be placed on the back of your race number.
2. PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THESE. IF YOU DO YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE AN OFFICIAL TIME.
3. The strip is to prevent water and body fluids from affecting the chip signal. Please do not bend or fold your race number for this could affect the antennae and also the signal capability of the chip. There will be a results/photo look up area once you have exited the finish tunnels.
4. For all results or result queries please visit www.topevents.co.za or call (021) 511 7130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
10. CUT OFF TIME:
1. Cut off time for all events is 10h00
PRIZE GIVING WILL TAKE PLACE AT 10H30.
1. Number collection for fax, in-store and online entries will take place on Saturday the 18th March 2017 from 10h00 -17h00 at the following venues:
Sportsmans Warehouse Rondebosch
Sportsmans Warehouse West Coast
Sportsmans Warehouse Tyger Valley
2. NO upgrades, downgrades or substitutions will be done after closing date of entries.
Mission of school
Alta du Toit School offers specialized, professional education to learners with intellectual disablities from different cultural backgrounds who can not benefit from mainstream. Every child here is provided the best possible opportunity to progress according to their ability and at their own tempo. As far as possible they are enabled to become self-supporting adults, who readily engage in the community to which they belong
Structure & Curriculum
Classes are organized into 5 phases:
• Junior phase
• Intermediate phase
• Senior phase
• Pre-vocational phase
• Vocational phase
A learner may remain in a certain phase for two to three years, but will be placed with different teachers within that phase. Emotional development, as well as the age and the level of progress that has been reached, will be considered before a learner is promoted to a next phase.
• Self-reliance-, social- and life skills
• Effective communication (language skills or sign language)
• Optimum motor and perceptual skills
• Functional scholastic skills such as numeracy and literacy
• Awareness of the environment, nature and safety measures
• Vocational skills
• Execution of domestic chores
• Meaningful recreation and relaxation
• A simple understanding of religion
1. The Tyger Run/Walk is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and WPA.
2. The Tyger Run/Walk half marathon & 10km are open to all licenced and non-licenced runners of 16 years and older for the Half Marathon and 14 years and older for the 10km.
3. Licenced runners should wear club colours. 2017 licence numbers must be worn on the FRONT and BACK of the vest. The official race number must be worn on the FRONT, partly covering the licence number so that the licence year and ASA sponsor remain visible.Failure to adhere to this ASA rule will result in disqualification.
4. Temporary licences are available at R50 for the 21.1km and R30 for the 10km Senior and R15 for 10km Junior events.
5. Temporary licenced participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age.
6. Unlicenced runners must wear plain clothes (no advertising permitted). Official event race number to be worn on the front and the temporary licence number on the back.
7. Personal seconding is not permitted except at official refreshment stations. Private vehicles are requested not to follow the athletes on the route.
8. In addition to overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their club vest. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
9. Proof of age is required for category prizes.
10. Club colours must be worn to qualify for team prizes.
11. Juniors (born from 1997 onwards) wearing a junior or a senior licence must wear an age category tag to qualify for age group prizes. Juniors will count towards open team prizes.
12. No swopping of race numbers as the race number is linked to your name and finishing time and may result in your disqualification.
13. Each race distance has a different race number range and colour with your data captured electronically. Do not transfer between races without notifying the race organisers.
14. All traffic officers and marshals must be obeyed.
15. The race organisers reserve the right to accept or reject any entry.
16. Foreign athletes must comply with IAAF rule 4.2 and all relevant race and domestic rules. The athletes must be able to produce the letter from his/her federation permitting participation on race day.
17. The entry fee is non-refundable.
18. Kilometre markers will be placed at each kilometre mark.
19. Refreshment stations will be situated approximately every 3km along the route.
20. Medals will be handed to all finishers.
21. There will be tog bag facilities at the start for all events. All bags will be delivered to the finish area. Bags dropped off at runners’ own risk.
22. Toilets will be available at the start and finish.
23. Prize giving will take place at 09h30.
24. Results will be available at www.topevents.co.za and www.wpa.org.za
25. For safety reasons, the use of personal music players during road races is strongly discouraged. Any person using such a device in contravention of IAAF Rule 144.3(b), who fails to obey a reasonable instruction from a race official, may be disqualified and shall not be eligible for individual or team prizes.
Date: 21 March, Tuesday
Start Time: 6:00am
Entry Closing Date: 12 March, Sunday
Province: Western Cape
Distance: 21.1km, 10km, 5km
Start Venue: Meerendal Wine Estate
Finish Venue: Meerendal Wine Estate