PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS A PRE-ENTRIES ONLY EVENT!
ENTRIES ARE LIMITED TO 5000 OVER ALL 3 DISTANCES.
Date: Saturday, 3rd February 2018
Venue: Cape Academy for Mathematics, Science & Technology
Address: Cnr of Firgrove & Spaanschemat Road, Constantia
Distances: 21.1km Half Marathon,10km Run/Walk & 6km Run/Walk
HOW TO ENTER:
ONLINE: Enter online at www.topevents.co.za (for enquiries, please contact Top Events: (021) 511 7130 or email@example.com). Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 28th January 2018.
FAX: Complete your entry form and fax it along with your deposit slip to (021) 510 7230. Closing date: Thursday the 25th January 2018.
INSTORE ENTRIES: Hand deliver your entry form and cash entry fee to a cashier in any of the Sportsman’s Warehouse stores marked below. You will receive 2 till slips, one to be stapled onto your entry form and the other as proof of your entry. Please bring this with you to number collection. Closing date: Thursday 25th January 2018.
You can enter at the following Sportsmans Warehouse stores in the Western Cape:
• Sportsmans Warehouse Canal Walk
• Sportsmans Warehouse Rondebosch
• Sportsmans Warehouse Somerset Mall
• Sportsmans Warehouse Tokai
• Sportsmans Warehouse Tygervalley
• Sportsmans Warehouse West Coast
• Sportsmans Warehouse Sea Point
No entries will be taken on race day for the 21.1km or 10km events, only for the 6km.
Entry fees are non-refundable and will be donated to charity, if an entry is cancelled before race day.
Confirmation of entry:
• Fax and online entries will receive a confirmation email (if an email address is provided by you)
• Prior to number collection you will receive an sms, indicating your race number and the registration venue you selected.
• Please bring proof of your entry, email confirmation or sms confirmation with to Number Collection on Friday 2nd February 2018 from 10h00 – 17h00.
Compulsory disposable timing chip:
Your timing chip will be placed on your race number. The race number must be worn on the front of your vest and visible at the finish line. There is a foam strip on the back of the race number. Please do not remove the timing chip and foam strip from the race number – doing so will result in NO finish time. For safety and timing purposes, ONLY the person assigned to this race number may use it.
For all results or result queries please visit www.topevents.co.za or call (021) 511 7130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Start times & cut off times:
• 21.1km 05:45am & 09:15am
• 10km Run 05:50am & 08:00am
• 10km Walk 06:10am & 08:00am
• 6km Fun Run/Walk 07:00am
Start and finish venue:
Cape Academy for Mathematics, Science & Technology Centre
(Cnr of Firgrove & Spaanschemat Road, Constantia)
• Number collection for fax, in-store and online entries will take place on Friday 2nd February 2018 from 10h00 – 17h00 at:
o Sportsmans Warehouse Rondebosch
o Sportsmans Warehouse Tygervalley
o Sportsmans Warehouse Tokai
o Sportsmans Warehouse Sea Point
2. NO UPGRADES, DOWNGRADES OR SUBSTITUTIONS WILL BE DONE AFTER THE CLOSING DATE OF 25th JANUARY 2018
Charity: Cape Academy for Mathematics, Science & Technology
The Western Cape Education Department (WCED) has established the Cape Academy of Mathematics, Science and Technology in Cape Town to provide specialised schooling for learners with the potential to excel in these subjects in the Senior Certificate examinations. The Academy accepts both day learners and boarders, and is situated in attractive surroundings in Firgrove Road, Constantia, Cape Town. The Academy draws learners from all communities, with an emphasis on those from previously disadvantage communities. While focusing on mathematics and science-related subjects, the Academy offers a full range of matriculation subjects. The school started in 2004 with learners in Grade 10. The Academy forms part of a broad WCED Mathematics and Science Strategy to improve results in these subjects throughout the province. The school seeks to increase the number of Senior Certificate candidates passing mathematics and science on the higher grade.
21.1km Male and Female
1. The Spartan Harriers Firgrove Challenge is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and WPA.
2. The Spartan Harriers Firgrove Challenge half marathon & 10km races are open to all licenced and non-licenced runners of 16 years
and older for the Half Marathon and 14 years and older for the 10km.
3. One race number (bib) will be issued. Registered athletes must wear their ASA licences on the front and back of their vest. The race
number must be worn on the front of the vest, partially covering the ASA licence, so that the ASA licence sponsor remains visible.
4. Temporary licences are available at R55 for the 21.1km and R35 for the 10km Senior and R20 for 10km Junior events.
5. Temporary licenced participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate
age tags and provide proof of age.
6. Unlicenced runners must wear plain clothes (no advertising permited). Official event race number to be worn on the front and the
temporary licence number on the back.
7. Personal seconding is not permited except at official refreshment stations. Private vehicles are requested not to follow the
athletes on the route.
8. In addition to overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter.
Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their club vest. Participants may enter the age
category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category up to senior.
9. Proof of age is required for category prizes.
10. Juniors (born from 1999 or later) wearing a junior or a senior licence must wear an age category tag to qualify for age group prizes.
11. No swopping of race numbers as the race number is linked to your name and finishing time and may result in your disqualification.
12. Each race distance has a different race number range and colour with your data captured electronically. Do not transfer between
races without notifying the race organisers.
13. All traffic officers and marshals must be obeyed.
14. The race organisers reserve the right to accept or reject any entry.
15. Foreign athletes must comply with IAAF rule 4.2 and all relevant race and domestic rules. The athletes must be able to produce the
letter from his/her federation permitting participation on race day.
16. The entry fee is non-refundable.
17. Kilometre markers will be placed at each kilometre mark.
18. Refreshment stations will be situated approximately every 3km along the route.
19. Medals will be handed to all finishers.
20. There will be tog bag facilities. Bags dropped off at runners’ own risk. The organiser will be not be held responsible for any loss or damages.
21. Toilets will be available at the start and finish.
22. Prize giving will take place at 09h30.
23. Results will be available at www.topevents.co.za and www.wpa.org.za
24. The use of music players with headphones is not allowed and may result in disqualification.
25. Do not litter. Dispose of sachets and cups responsibly by using the boxes provided or carrying them to the Finish. Report offenders to the referees. #RunClean.
26. Detailed rules are available on www.wpa.org.za or on request from the organisers or the WPA office.
27. Wheelchair athletes must please contact the organisers timeously to discuss arrangements for their participation.
28. By entering the Spartan Harriers Firgrove Challenge which forms part of the Discovery Vitality Run Series, you agree to share relevant personal information with Discovery Vitality.