The 2017 Voet van Afrika on 14 October will also revive the original Voet with routes over 42.2km, 21.1km, 10km and the 4km fun-run for adults, children and dogs alike. Marathon runners will agree that this time may look slow in marathon terms but be assured it is a good one for this route because it is a cross-country run, mountain climb and marathon all in one.
1.1. Online: www.topevents.co.za . Closing date 24th September 2017 at midnight.
1.2. Fax: completed entry form and deposit slip to 021 510 7230. Closing date 24th September 2017 at midnight.
1.3. Instore: Deliver your entry form and cash to the cashier and you will receive two proof of payments. Attach one to your entry form end keep the other as
proof of payment. Bring this along to number collection. You can enter at Sportsmans Warehouse Rondebosch, Tygervalley, Somerset Mall.
Closing date Sunday 24th September 2017.
1.4. If you run your 10th half or full marathon you qualify for a permanent number, please indicate it on your entry form.
1.5. 10km entries close Friday 13th October 2017 19h00 ONLY.
Confirmation of entry:
2.1. Entrants will receive a confirmation email if an email address is provided.
2.2. Prior to number collection day you will receive a sms indicating your race number and collection date and time.
2.3. Please bring proof of entry, email confirmation or sms confirmation to registration.
21.1km Special Info:
– Start at 07:30 on the farm Grashoek at 07:30
– Transport to the start will departs from Bredasdorp Sportsgrounds at 05:45
– Cut o at the Stormsvlei turnoff (4.5km to go) at 11:00. Final cut-o at 12:00.
Time limit of 41/2 hours.
– Queen of the Mountain : first lady at the BM Ford -watertable at the 12.8km to go marker and to complete the race.
– Walkers are welcome, participants must be 16 years or older.
– Refreshment stations every ±3km.
– No late entries will be taken
– No secure parking is available, please use the transport provided by organizer.
10km Special Info:
– Start at Bredasdorp Sportsgrounds Saturday at 07:00
– Final cut-off at 09:00.
– Participants must be 15 years and older. Juniors to wear a “J” category tag on the front and back in a visible position to qualify for age category prizes.
– JUNIORS are those who are under the age of 20 on 31 Dec in the year of competition.
– Walkers are welcome.
– All participants qualify for prizes (Temp and Club athletes). No Team Prize available in this race.
– Refreshment stations every ±3km.
– Entries close Friday 13 Oct 2017 at 21:00 at Bredasdorp Sportsgrounds.
– No entries will be taken on race day.
4km FUN RUN / WALK:
– The race will take place on Friday 13 October 2017 at 18:00.
– Online: www.topevents.co.za .Late entries (R20) will be taken from 13:00 until 17:45 on race day.
– All participants to complete an entry form and a racecard.
– Entry fee R20 for all participants.
– Registration, start and finish Bredasdorp Sportsgrounds
– Medals to the first 1000 finishers.
– Time limit of 1 hour.
Number collection will take place at the store you selected on the entry form on the 12 October 2017 from 12:00 – 17:00
Number collection will also take place on the 13th & 14th at the Bredasdorp Sportsgrounds, from Friday 14:00 – 21:00 and Saturday from 04:00.
– You must be available at the prize giving ceremony to receive your prize. If it is not possible, arrange with someone to receive it on your behalf.
– No prizes will be forwarded by mail or bank deposits.
– Prize Giving starts 15 minutes after the Marathon cut-off time.
– Only Club members qualify for Team Pizes in 21.1km and 42.2km.
8.1. Race will be run on 14 October ‘17 under the auspices of Bredasdorp Athletic Club and according to the rules of ASA and Boland Athletics.
8.2. Competitors must run in club colors with a 2017 licence number or a temporary number displayed on their vests. Temporary licences are available at Mega Park.
8.3. The official event race number must be worn on the front and your club or temp licence number on the back of your garment.
8.4. Age category tags must be worn on the runner’s front and back in a visible position to qualify for age category prizes.
8.5. Athletes may qualify for the age category and/or the open category in the 21 and 42km events.
8.6. Category groups are as follows: 10km: Junior, Senior.
21km and 42km: Open, Master 40+, Master 50+, and Master 60+.
8.7. All competitors must abide by the rules, regulations and instructions given by officials. Non-compliance may lead to disqualification.
8.8. No seconding will be allowed.
8.9. The entry fee is non-refundable. If the event is cancelled for reasons beyond our control, entry fees will be donated.
9.1. Tog bags are loaded onto the trucks at the start of the 42km and can be collected at the tog bag area at Bredasdorp Sportsgrounds with your tog bag number as identification.
9.2. Tog bag facilities for the 10 and 21km races are in the arena.
9.3. Tog bag facilities are used at your own risk.
Date: 14 October, Saturday
Start Time: 6:00am
Entry Closing Date: 30 September, Saturday
Distance: 42.2km, 21.1km, 10km
Start Venue: Bredasdorp Sportsground
Finish Venue: Bredasdorp Sportsgrounds