The picturesque Avondale Wine Estate, situated in Paarl, will be hosting a brand new trail running event, to be run on Heritage Day – Friday 24th September 2021.
For those wanting to participate, you will be able to choose between a 15 km trail run or a less demanding 5 km. Experience breathtaking views of the Paarl valley and surrounds.
All entrants will receive a gift pack valued at R250-00 in value (at retail selling price), in addition to this, many exciting spot prizes will also be up for grabs on race day.
Refreshments will be available from Ochra Deli at Avondale, and the Avondale Garden Bar will be open from 10AM.
The Faber restaurant on Avondale Wine Estate will be open on race day for lunch (please note there is limited seating so booking is essential). Contact details for booking at Faber Restaurant – Faber@avondalewine.co.za or tel: +27 (0) 21 202-1219 or online https://avondalewine.co.za/faber/
Secure parking facilities on the estate will also be available.
All rules and regulations in terms of adherence to social distancing and limited participation will be adhered to. Entrance will be limited in each event to ensure COVID19 regulations compliance, enter early to avoid disappointment.
15km & 5km Trail Run / Walk
15km Trail Run / Walk – R175 (limited numbers)
5km -Trail Run / Walk – R100 (limited numbers)
Entries close midnight 19th September 2021
All entrants will receive a gift pack exceeding R250-00 in value at retail selling price
Secure parking facilities on to the estate will also be available .
Start and Finish
Avondale Wine Estate
15km between 08:15-08:30
5km between 09:00-9:15
To enter and for details: www.topevents.co.za
All entrants (limited per distance) will receive a gift pack valued at R250
Entries close midnight 19th September 2021
Race Number and pack collection – Friday 24th September from 07:30 on event day on event day.
Race Number and pack collection – Friday 24th September from 07:30 on event day.
AVONDALE WINE ESTATE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All persons enter Avondale at their own risk.
- Entry fees are non – refundable
- Secure parking facilities on to the estate will also be available .
- All persons entering Avondale, understand that they may be exposed to a variety of risks or dangers associated directly or indirectly with Avondale and its farm property and the use of its facilities.
- Avondale shall not be responsible for any injury to or death of any person or the loss or destruction of or damage to property at Avondale or any associated loss, arising from the supply of and services at Avondale.
- Avondale is private property and the owners reserve the right of admission and may refuse or withdraw any right of admission granted at any time and do not need to give any reason for so refusing or withdrawing any right of admission.
- All persons are bound by any and all rules laid down by Avondale, in respect of admission, use, occupation or otherwise including but not limited to the following:
- No dogs or other animals are allowed on the estate.
- No swimming in any of the ponds, dams, or pools is allowed.
- No food or beverages are allowed on the premises, other than those purchased on the estate.
- No littering is allowed, any rubbish must be placed in the demarcated bins.
- No alcohol may be served to guests under the legal age of 18 years and parents and/or legal guardians will solely be responsible for their minors on the estate and, at all times, must be under their supervision.
- No entrance into private dwellings is allowed.
AVONDALE BIKE PARK
- All persons (riders and spectators) acknowledge that the activity being undertaken is for purposes of recreation, enjoyment and/or leisure and involves a significant degree of physical risk.
- Avondale acknowledges that they are providing recreational and competitive services which includes providing facilities for participation in recreational activity, training, supervising, adjudicating, guiding and otherwise assisting a person’s participation in recreational activity.
- All persons (riders and spectators) hereby acknowledges that there are inherent risks involved for him/her or such other people in his/her care or control in participating in such recreational activity. This agreement is not limited to inherent risks that are patent.
- All persons (riders and spectators) further acknowledge that the purpose of the recreational activity is for the benefit of themselves and for the benefit of those people attending with them and that at all times they are responsible for their own actions and the actions of other people in his/her care and control.
- All persons (riders and spectators) agree to follow the directions of Avondale and that any misconduct or refusal by him/her to follow any directions of Avondale, its management and/or staff may result in the immediate removal from Avondale.
- All persons (riders and spectators) acknowledge that during all times while he or she is partaking in the recreational services he or she does so at his/her own risk and that they and any other person/people in his/her care and control will not hold Avondale liable for any personal injury or breach of contract whether caused by the negligence or otherwise of Avondale.
- Should the person experience any form of difficulty or problem whilst taking part in the recreational services provided, he or she or any other person in his/her care and control shall immediately stop the activity or request that the activity be stopped and seek the necessary help and/or assistance and/or advice, as the case may be.
- The consumption of alcohol, smoking and use of any illegal substance is strictly prohibited before or during participation in the recreational services and/or on Avondale Bike Park and Flow Trail.
- No HELMET NO RIDE will be strictly implemented – It is compulsory for riders to wear a helmet when participating whilst on their bike. Should a participant fail to adhere to this provision, he/she will be liable for payment of a fine in the amount of R500 which amount shall be payable immediately.
- I hereby acknowledge that Avondale estate is private property and the owners reserve the right of admission and may refuse or withdraw any right of admission grant at any time and do not need to give any reason for so refusing or withdrawing any right of admission.
- I hereby agree to be bound by any and all rules, terms and conditions as laid down by Avondale estate, in respect of admission, use, occupation or otherwise, including the rules as set out on this form and the terms and conditions set out in their website which I confirm I have read and understood.
- I hereby agree that neither I, nor any of my dependants, shall have any claim whatsoever against the Avondale Trust and/or the hosts, organizers and sponsors of the Avondale Open Gardens, the Avondale Bike Park Shuttle Days, Farm walks and/or any other events held on Avondale estate (jointly hereafter referred to as the “the Events”), and any party affiliated with the management, organisation and/or hosting of the Event/s (jointly hereafter referred to as the “the Parties”), and/or the Parties’ directors, officials, employees, servants and/or agents:
- as a result of any injury or damages of whatsoever nature, including consequential or special damages, and fatal accidents, suffered by myself, or any of my dependants, which may flow from conduct (be it negligent or otherwise) on the part of the Parties and/or the Parties’ directors, officials, employees, servants and/or agents and/or any third party, whilst I or my dependants are on Avondale estate and / or whether such conduct took place on Avondale estate or not;
- I hereby indemnify and hold free the Parties and/or the Parties’ directors, officials, employees, servants and/or agents and/or any third party, of all liability and/or responsibility from any claim which may be instituted by any person, including such person’s dependents, against any or all of the Parties and/or the Parties’ directors, officials, employees, servants and/or agents and/or any third party, as a result of any injury or damages of whatsoever nature, including consequential or special damages, which may flow from my, and/or my dependents, presence on Avondale estate and/or participation in the Event/s.
- The indemnity in clause 1 and 2 above shall include, but not be limited to, all judgments, liability, damages, penalties, losses and expenses, including attorney-and-client legal costs and disbursements, and all other amounts which may be suffered or assumed by or obtained against the Parties or any one of them.
- I hereby confirm that:
- I fully understand and am conversant with the contents of this Indemnity; and
- I fully understand and accept the nature of the Event/s, its rules as stated and its the associated risks.
Drakenstein Palliative Hospice was started by a group of volunteers in May 1991 in response to a need for compassionate professional clinical care and support to patients living with a life-threatening illness in the Drakenstein Sub-District.
We employ Palliative Care trained professional nurses and social workers. In 2004 we trained 25 palliative care home based caregivers to expand and support the work. We provide a free care service to approximately 220 patients per month.
Our services are generously funded by our community and various business plans are written. In addition, medical aid programs are increasingly recognising the need for quality palliative care and support in the client’s homes which provides some cross-subsidisation for our free service.
To connect, enable, energise and champion collaborative community-led development in Avondale.
Avondale: a thriving, connected, vibrant and diverse community that locals feel proud to be a part of.
HEART is a registered NPO and PBO, and strive to provide measurable and sustainable Assistance to Vulnerable Communities within the Drakenstein area.
NPO Registration Number: 203-306NPO
PBO Registration Number: 930066017
Our Region is rich in history, compassion and industry, and we believe that as a Community, we are able to take care of, uplift, develop and support our Community to be prosperous, productive, cared for and impact the general mindset to that of positivity and a can-do attitude.
Our Mission Statement is:
Restoring and protecting the dignity of vulnerable individuals and groups who cannot fend for themselves by providing targeted and practical assistance
Providing skills and training to those eager to work and earn and utilizing these skills by developing and implementing Community Service and Upliftment programs
Implementing projects and programs designed specifically to support Institutions, Organizations and existing Service Providers whose resources, skills and staffing compliment has shortfalls
Becoming the trusted link between and through which individuals and businesses willing and able to build and support within their own Community, by being an effective, transparent and active NPO”
We know that there are many Big and Open-Hearted Individuals and Businesses in Paarl and the Drakenstein area, and we invite them to speak with us on how to join HEART in making a positive impact so that willing and able persons can be given earning opportunities through Community Service oriented Programs, no matter personal abilities or lack thereof, while we take hands in relieving some of the Social Factors impacting the daily circumstances too many Vulnerable People have no escape from.
HEART: From the Community, To The Community!
Donate link: https://www.payfast.co.za/donate/go/heart
1 x R 2000-00 Build it Voucher
1 x Nutribullet
6 x R350-00 FALKE Vouchers
5 x SNEAKERLAB Hampers
3 x Coca Cola Hampers
Darling Olives – a wonderful hamper of Darling Olives products, to the value of R800
Dalewood – a beautiful box of cheese with biscuits and mini preserves, to the value of R600
Winston and Julia – a hamper consisting of a delicious selection of chocolates to the value of R350
From Cape Town take the N1 cross over the Berg River with Paarl on your left and take exit 59
At this stop street turn right and go under the N1 going towards Franschoek
After a short distance 600 meters this AVONDALE sigh will be seen on your left
After turning left this Engen garage appears on your left
Proceed up this road for 1.5 km to the farm entrance which will be on your right
The AVONDALE entrance is on your right.