Start and Finish
START VENUE: Century Way, Century City
FINISH VENUE: Central Park, Century City
Number collection will take place on Friday 3rd March 2023 from 10h00 – 18h00 at:
o Sportsmans Warehouse Rondebosch
o Sportsmans Warehouse Tygervalley
o Sportsmans Warehouse Canal Walk
o Sportsmans Warehouse Somerset West
o Sportsmans Warehouse Paarl
10km Senior Licensed athletes R140.00 including timing chip
10km Junior Licensed athletes R90.00 including timing chip
10km Senior Unlicensed athletes R185.00 includes temporary license
10km Junior Unlicensed athletes R115.00 includes temporary license
5km Fun run R90.00 (no license required)
Carry Your Own
This is a carry-your-own water event. There will be two water refill stations where cups will be provided. Coca-Cola and water will be available at the end. Water will NOT be provided in sachets.
Enquiries – Email Info@topevents.co.za
- This is a pre-entry race only. Enter online at www.topevents.co.za until 22nd February 2023. EXTENDED TO MIDNIGHT 26 FEBRUARY 2023.
- Cut-off time is 2 hours for the 10km
- 10km licensed senior entry fee is R140 including timing chip and junior is R90.
- 10km unlicensed senior athletes R185 includes a temporary license and timing chip and junior athletes R115 includes temporary license and timing chip.
- 5Km entry fee is R90.00 including timing chip.
- Social walkers welcome. Walkers to start at the back and to keep to the side of the road.
- Discovery Vitality will be allocating Vitality Points to entrants based on a certified finishing time, namely 600 Vitality Points for the 10km and 300 Vitality Points for the 5km. Plus, 500 additional Vitality points for any race you enter and complete because we’re still so happy to be running in person with you!
- The race is run according to the rules of ASA & WPA.
- Runners must obey traffic officers, race marshals, race officials at all times.
- Nobody under the age of 14 years may participate in the 10km Run.
- No personal seconding permitted except at official refreshment stations.
- The time limit is 2 hours for the 10km.
- Licensed runners should run in club colours and a license valid for 2023 must be worn on the front and back of the vest. Unlicenced runners must purchase a temporary license which is to be worn on the front of the vest. Temporary license holders, when collecting their numbers, must complete and hand in the tear-off strip from the number in order to be eligible to participate.
- Age category tags must be worn (front and back) and visible for the entire race to be eligible for any age category prize including Juniors. One race number (bib) will be issued. Registered athletes must wear their ASA licences on the front and back of their vest. The race number must be worn on the front of the vest, partially covering the ASA licence, so that the ASA licence sponsor remains visible. Temporary licenced runners must wear the race number on the front of their vest and the temporary licence on the back.
- Temporary licensed runners to wear plain clothing, no advertising.
- The use of music players with headphones is not allowed and may result in disqualification.
- Do not litter. Dispose of any refuse or cups responsibly using the boxes provided or carry them to the finish.Report offenders to the referees.
- There will be two water refill stations where cups will be provided. Coca-Cola and water will be available at the end. Water will NOT be provided in sachets.
- Participants in this event do so at their own risk and release and discharge the organisers, sponsors, provincial and national Athletics bodies and all persons assisting in staging the event from any responsibility, liability or costs relating to any injury, loss or damage of whatever nature, however caused, arising directly or indirectly from their participation in the event.
- Detailed rules are available on www.wpa.org.za or on request from the organisers or the WPA office.
- Wheelchair athletes must please contact the organisers timeously to discuss arrangements for their participation.
ENTER ONLINE WWW.TOPEVENTS.CO.ZA| NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY
ONLINE ENTRIES CLOSE: 22 FEBRUARY 2023 (EXTENDED TO MIDNIGHT 26 FEBRUARY 2023)
|PRIZE GIVING AND PRIZES|
|1. In addition to Overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their Club vest. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.|
|2. Temporary licensed participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age.|
|3. Juniors born 2004 or after, must display age tags “J” to qualify for age group prizes.|
|4. Prize Giving will start at 08:30|
|5. There will be no lucky draw for the 5km.|
|Prizes for 10km Male & Female|
|1st Prize||2nd Prize||3rd Prize|
|Open||R10 000 +
R2 000 Canal Walk Voucher
|R1 500 +
R1 500 Canal Walk Voucher
|R1 000 +
R1 000 Canal Walk Voucher
|Junior||R700||R500 Canal Walk Voucher||R300 Canal Walk Voucher|
|50-59||R800||R600||R400 Canal Walk Voucher|
|60-69||R800||R600||R400 Canal Walk Voucher|
|70 +||R800||R600||R300 Canal Walk Voucher|
TOP EVENTS COMPULSORY DISPOSABLE TIMING CHIP
Your Timing chip has been placed on the front of your race number. The race number must be worn on the front of your vest and visible at the finish line.There is a foam backing on the back of the race number. Please do not remove the timing chip and foam strip from the race number – doing so will result in NO finish time. For safety and timing purposes, ONLY the person assigned to this race number may use it. For all results or results queries please email: email@example.com
Online results including finishers certificate visit www.finishtime.co.za