10km Run/Walk 18:30
5km Fun Run 18:45
Start and Finish
START VENUE: Beach Road, Sea Point, Opposite Winchester Mansions
FINISH VENUE: Beach Road, Sea Point, Opposite Winchester Mansions
Number Collection will take place on Sunday 5th March 2023, 12:00 – 17:00 at the following venues:
Tyger Valley Shopping Centre
False Bay Rugby Club
Western Province Athletics
10km Senior Licensed athletes R100.00
10km Junior Licensed athletes R50.00
10km Senior Unlicensed athletes R145.00 includes temporary license
10km Junior Unlicensed athletes R75.00 includes temporary license
5km Fun Run R50.00
Carry Your Own
This is a carry-your-own water event. There will be one water refill station on the route and Coca-Cola and water at the finish area of the event. There will be NO water sachets.
- This is a pre-entry race only. Enter online at www.topevents.co.za until 26th February 2023.
- Cut-off time is 2 hours
- Social walkers welcome. Walkers to start at the back and to keep to the side of the road.
- A tog bag facility will be provided. NO VALUABLES are to be left in your tog bag as the organisers or any other persons involved directly or indirectly in the event will NOT be held responsible for any loss or damage in this regard
- The race is run according to the rules of ASA & WPA.
- Runners must obey traffic officers, race marshals, race officials at all times.
- Nobody under the age of 14 years may participate in the 10km Run.
- No personal seconding permitted except at official refreshment stations.
- The time limit is 2 hours for the 10km.
- Licensed runners should run in club colours and a license valid for 2023 must be worn on the front and back of the vest. Unlicenced runners must purchase a temporary license which is to be worn on the front of the vest. Temporary license holders, when collecting their numbers, must complete and hand in the tear-off strip from the number in order to be eligible to participate.
- Age category tags must be worn (front and back) and visible for the entire race to be eligible for any age category prize including Juniors. One race number (bib) will be issued. Registered athletes must wear their ASA licences on the front and back of their vest. The race number must be worn on the front of the vest, partially covering the ASA licence, so that the ASA licence sponsor remains visible. Temporary licenced runners must wear the race number on the front of their vest and the temporary licence on the back.
- Temporary licensed runners to wear plain clothing, no advertising.
- The use of music players with headphones is not allowed and may result in disqualification.
- Do not litter. Dispose of any refuse or cups responsibly using the boxes provided or carry them to the finish. Report offenders to the referees.
- There will be one water refill station where cups will be provided. Coca-Cola and water will be available at the end. Water will NOT be provided in sachets.
- Participants in this event do so at their own risk and release and discharge the organisers, sponsors, provincial and national Athletics bodies and all persons assisting in staging the event from any responsibility, liability or costs relating to any injury, loss or damage of whatever nature, however caused, arising directly or indirectly from their participation in the event.
- Detailed rules are available on www.wpa.org.za or on request from the organisers or the WPA office.
- Wheelchair athletes must please contact the organisers timeously to discuss arrangements for their participation.
This is a pre-entry race only. Enter online at www.topevents.co.za until 26th February 2023.
PRIZE GIVING AND PRIZES
- In addition to Overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their Club vest. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
- Temporary licensed participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age.
- Juniors born 2004 or after, must display age tags “J” to qualify for age group prizes.
- Prize Giving will start at 20:00
Male and Female:
|1st||R 750,00||R 1 000,00||R 750,00||R 750,00||R 750,00||R 750,00|
|2nd||R 400,00||R 750,00||R 400,00||R 400,00||R 400,00||R 400,00|
|3rd||R 250,00||R 350,00||R 250,00||R 250,00||R 250,00||R 250,00|