For all event information, please click: https://www.outsurance.co.za/gunrun/
17.8km Trail Run Event Information
Date: Saturday, 16th September 2023
Start Venue: Van Riebeeck Park, Oranjezicht
Finish Venue: Green Point Common, opposite the Green Point Cricket Club.
Entry fee: R540 (includes t-shirt, Quality Hilly Branded pair of socks, Trail Run Brooks technical type running cap, SANParks fee and disposable timing chip)
Start Time: 07h30
Cut Off Time: 11h30
Entries are limited to 500 participants only
NO entries at number collection or on race day
17.8km Trail Run Rules
- ASA licences do not have to be worn by runners in the trail runs. The official race number must be worn clearly on the runner’s front upper outer garment and care must be taken to position the race number so that the timing chip is not damaged by straps of backpacks.
- Age category tags do not have to be worn to be eligible for age category prizes in the trail
- The Trail run route will be clearly marked but runners are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the route prior to race day.
- There will be marshals on the route for runners’ safety, but not necessarily at all intersections.
- There will be toilets at the start and finish.
- It is the runners responsibility to follow the route/course markers so as to complete the full course.
- Time and position results will only count for runners who completed the correct course subject to the discretion of the race referee/director.
- Do not run with headphones.
- Don’t run if you are sick.
- Athletes to please inform the organisers if they withdraw on the route.
- Trail specific shoes highly recommended.
- Do not litter! Runners caught littering will be disqualified.
- You are welcome to take photos but step out of the way of other runners when you do.
- Water – carry at least 1 litre (we recommend a hydration pack).
- A fully charged cell phone, in a Ziploc bag, with the emergency number saved.
- Race Number, pinned to your shirt.
- Your timing chip will be placed on your race number. The race number must be worn on the front of your vest and visible at the finish line. There is a foam strip on the back of the race number. Please do not remove the timing chip and foam strip from the race number – doing so will result in NO finishing time.
- No swopping or exchanging of race numbers as this is linked to your personal details for medical and timing purposes. Persons found doing this will be disqualified.
Brooks is a proud partner of the Outsurance Gun Run 17.8km Trail Run. Hit the trails in the Outsurance Gun Run 17.8km Trail Run and you could WIN one of 10 Pairs of Brooks Cascadia 16, each valued at R2,799!
If you have already entered the Outsurance Gun Run 17.8km Trail Run:
Like the Brooks Running South Africa Facebook Page
Tag @Brooksrunningza and @topevents with your entry number
Subscribe to our mailing list: https://bit.ly/3Yx2JnC And stand the chance to WIN a pair of Brooks Cascadia 16 valued at R2,799
*T’s & C’s apply.