Start Venue: Mamre Primary School
Cut off: 11:15
5km Fun Run/Walk
Start Venue: Mamre Primary School
Start Time: 08:15
Cut Off: 09:15
Prize giving will take place at 11:15in the Mamre Primary School Hall
ASA & WPA
The Mamre 21km is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and WPA.
Detailed rules are available on www.wpa.org.za or on request from the organisers or the WPA office.
The Mamre 21.1km is open to all licenced and non-licenced runners of 16 years and older for the Half Marathon
Licenced runners should wear club colours. Official event race number to be worn on the front. Registered athletes must wear their ASA licences on the front and back of their vest. The race number must be worn on the front of the vest, partially covering the ASA licence, so that the ASA licence sponsor remains visible.
No swopping of WPA licence numbers as the number is linked to your name and finishing time. Swopping or lending licence numbers could result in disqualification.
Temporary licenced runners must wear the race number on the front of their vest and the temporary licence on the back.
Temporary licences are available at R60 for the 21.1km
Temporary licenced participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and
provide proof of age.
Unlicenced runners must wear plain clothes (no advertising permitted). Official event race number to be worn on the front and the temporary licence number on the back.
Temporary licence holders when registering must complete and hand in the tear off strip from the number in order to be eligible to compete.
Personal seconding is not permitted except at official refreshment stations. Private vehicles are requested not to follow the athletes on the route.
In addition to overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their club vest. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category up to senior.
Proof of age is required for category prizes.
Club colours must be worn to qualify for team prizes.
Juniors (born from 2000 or later) wearing a junior or a senior licence must wear an age category tag to qualify for age group prizes.
No Race numbers will be issued. All registered athletes must wear two valid licence numbers. Unregistered participants must purchase a Temporary Licence which must be worn on the front of the vest.
Ensure that your club name and licence number are filled in on your entry card.
Entry race cards must be in athletes possession at all times during the race, and handed in at the results board at the Finish.
Traffic Officers & Marshals
All traffic officers and marshals must be obeyed.
Foreign athletes must comply with IAAF rule 4.2 and all relevant race and domestic rules. The athletes must be able to produce the letter from his/her
federation permitting participation on race day.
Kilometre markers will be placed at each kilometre mark.
Refreshment stations will be situated approximately every 3km along the route.
Medals will be handed to all finishers.
Tog Bag Facilities
There will be tog bag facilities. Bags dropped off at runners’ own risk. The organiser will be not be held responsible for any loss or damages.
Toilets will be available at the start and finish.
Prize giving will take place at 09h30.
Do not litter. Dispose of sachets and cups responsibly by using the boxes provided or carrying them to the Finish. Report offenders to the referees.
Wheelchair athletes must please contact the organisers timeously to discuss arrangements for their participation.
The use of music players with headphones is not allowed and may result in disqualification.
- When entering online please be sure to add in your email address to receive your confirmation email.
- This confirmation email should be brought with you to number collection on 22nd June 2019’’
- ONLINE: Enter online at topevents.co.za (should you have any enquiries about entering online, please contact Top Events on (021)5117130 or email email@example.com. Online entries attract a 14% admin fee. Closing date for online entries is Thursday 20th June 2019.
- RACE DAY: Entries will be taken on race day from 06h00 at the Mamre Primary School in the hall.
|21km Licensed Athlete||R110|
|21km Unlicensed Athlete||R170|
|5km Fun Run/Walk||R20|
Mamre Primary School
ROUTE A (via N7)
- Follow N7 until Philadelphia/ Stellenbosch/ Atlantis turn-off (intersection) about 1km passed the ENGEN SWARTLAND 1-STOP.
- Turn LEFT and continue until T-junction (Tree Lane- R304)( Atlantis)
- Turn RIGHT, continue until STOP (+/- 6.5km), go over to the next STOP (+/- 200m further) NB!! Landmark: Saxonwold Supermarket and road connection to/from Malmesbury on right hand side of the stop.
- Continue with tree lane over a third stop (Witsand informal Settlement) and continue over 2 traffic circles to the first 4way stop.
- At 4way stop turn RIGHT and continue through Atlantis over four 4way stops. NB!! LANDMARK: K F C right hand side of 1st 4way stop.
- Follow 21km road signs past Silverstream road and LEFT into Main road to Mamre.
- Follow marshals instructions into entry area.
ROUTE B (via WEST COAST ROAD/R27)
- Follow R27 past the Melkbos traffic lights until Atlantis/Mamre turn-off 7km/14km sign.
- Turn RIGHT and continue with road past Atlantis (on your Right) until T-junction and STOP sign.
- Turn LEFT at T-junction, follow nrs 6 and 7 above.
|1ST PLACE||2ND PLACE||3RD PLACE|
|40 – 49||600||500||450|
|(Open) Women||(150x 4)|