15km Run – 5.45
10km Run – 5.55
10km Walk – 6.10
5km Fun Run – 6.30
Start and Finish
Academy for Mathematics, Science & Technology, Corner of Firgrove & Spaanschemat Road, Constantia
• Licensed athletes for 15km entry fee is R140 including timing chip.
• Licensed athletes for 10km is R100 including timing chip.
• Licensed junior athletes for 10km entry fee is R80 including timing chip.
• Unlicensed athletes for 15km entry fee is R205 which includes a temporary license and timing chip.
• Unlicensed athletes for 10km entry fee is R150 which includes a temporary license and a timing chip.
• Unlicensed Junior Athletes 10km entry fee is R110 which includes a temporary license and a timing chip.
• 5km entry fee is R75.00 including timing chip.
Event T-shirts will be sold online at R270.00
Carry Your Own
There will be three water refill stations on the Course and Coca-Cola 8km and 12km on the 15km route and Coca-Cola at 7km on the 10 km route.
There will be NO water sachets.
Enquiries – Email Info@topevents.co.za
1. This is a pre-entry race only. Enter online at www.topevents.co.za until 21st January 2024.
2. Cut-off time is 2 hours 30 minutes for the 15km and 2 hours for the 10km.
3. Discovery Vitality will be allocating Vitality Points to entrants based on a certified finishing time, namely 600 Vitality Points for the 15km & 10km and 300 Vitality Points for the 5km.
Plus, we’re giving you 500 boosted Vitality points because we’re still so happy to be running in person with you!
1. The race is run according to the rules of ASA & WPA.
2. Runners must obey traffic officers, race marshals, race officials at all times.
3. Nobody under the age of 15 years may participate in the 15km Run and under the age of 14 years in the 10km.
4. No personal seconding permitted except at official refreshment stations.
5. Licensed runners should run in club colours and a license valid for 2024 must be worn on the front and back of the vest. Unlicenced runners must purchase a temporary license which is to be worn on the front of the vest. Temporary license holders, when collecting their numbers, must complete and hand in the tear-off strip from the number in order to be eligible to participate.
6. Age category tags must be worn (front and back) and visible for the entire race to be eligible for any age category prize including Juniors.
7. Temporary licensed runners to wear plain clothing, no advertising.
8. The use of music players with headphones is not allowed and may result in disqualification.
9. Do not litter. Dispose of any refuse or cups responsibly using the boxes provided or carry them to the finish. Report offenders to the referees.
10. There will be two water refill stations where cups will be provided. The 15 km will have 3 points but the 10km will have 2. Coca-Cola and water will be available at the end. Water will NOT be provided in sachets.
11. Participants in this event do so at their own risk and release and discharge the organisers, sponsors, provincial and national Athletics bodies and all persons assisting in staging the event from any responsibility, liability or costs relating to any injury, loss or damage of whatever nature, however caused, arising directly or indirectly from their participation in the event.
12. Detailed rules are available on www.wpa.org.za or on request from the organisers or the WPA office.
13. Wheelchair athletes must please contact the organisers timeously to discuss arrangements for their participation.
Enter online at www.topevents.co.za
Entries close midnight on 21st January 2024.
Whatsapp Top Events on 0661394210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries.
By entering this race as a Vitality Member, you hereby agree to share the relevant personal information with Discovery Vitality (Pty) Ltd
Friday 2nd February 2024 from 10h00 – 18h00 at:
• Sportsmans Warehouse Rondebosch
• Sportsmans Warehouse Tygervalley
• Olympic Store – 6 Honeywell Rd, Retreat
• Sportsmans Warehouse Sea Point
• Sportsmans Warehouse Somerset West
NO COLLECTIONS WILL TAKE PLACE ON RACE DAY.
PRIZE GIVING AND PRIZES
1. In addition to Overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they
enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their Club vest. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
2. Temporary licensed participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age.
3. Juniors born 2005 or after, must display age tags “J” to qualify for age group prizes.
4. Prize Giving will start at 09:00
5. There will be no lucky draw for the 5km
|15km Run Male & Female|
|10km Run Male & Female|
|10km Walk Male & Female|
Your Timing chip has been placed on the front of your race number. The race number must be worn on the front of your vest and visible at the finish line. There is a foam backing on the back of the race number. Please do not remove the timing chip and foam strip from the race number – doing so will result in NO finish time. For safety and timing purposes, ONLY the person assigned to this race number may use it. For all results or results queries please email: email@example.com
Online results including finishers certificate: visit www.finishtime.co.za
The Western Cape Education Department (WCED) has established the Cape Academy of Mathematics, Science and Technology in Cape Town to provide specialised schooling for learners with the potential to excel in these subjects in the Senior Certificate examinations. The Academy accepts both day learners and boarders, and is situated in attractive surroundings in Firgrove Road, Constantia, Cape Town. The Academy draws learners from all communities, with an emphasis on those from previously disadvantaged communities. While focusing on mathematics and science-related subjects, the Academy offers a full range of matriculation subjects. The school started in 2004 with learners in Grade 10. The Academy forms part of a broad WCED Mathematics and Science Strategy to improve results in these subjects throughout the province. The school seeks to increase the number of Senior Certificate candidates passing mathematics and science on the higher grade.
Event t-shirt R270