10km run/walk – 18h45
5km fun run – 19h00
Start and Finish
LICENSED RUNNERS (R120.00) pre entry
UNLICENSED RUNNERS (R180,00) pre entry
LICENSED RUNNERS (R130.00) race day entry
UNLICENSED RUNNERS (R190,00) race day entry
5KM FUN RUN
(R70.00) pre entry
(R80.00) race day entry
RACE INFORMATION AND ORGANISATION
Enquiries – Email Info@topevents.co.za
- PRE-ENTRIES via TOPEVENTS website topevents.co.za on or before Sunday, 10 December 2023 at 24h00. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entries also available on day of event from 16h00 till 18h30
- Race card collections at the venue from 16h00 till 18h30
- Valid 2023 license numbers MUST be worn on the front and back of the vest for LICENSED RUNNERS.
- A TEMPORARY LICENSE must be won on the front of the vest for UNLICENSED RUNNERS.
- Age category tags must be clearly visible on the front of vest to eligible for category prizes. NO VISIBLE AGE CATEGORY TAG, NO PRIZE!
- NB: Juniors MUST also display a (J) on the front of the running vest to be eligible for Junior category prizes.
- Please note we will not have a separate price for walkers.
- Tog bag facility will be available, but we urge all participants to leave all bags in cars.
- Security for the duration of the event.
- This event is run in accordance with the rules of ASA & Boland Athletics.
- Runners must obey traffic officers, race marshals and race officials.
- Nobody under the age of 15 years may participate in the 10 km race
- No personal seconding permitted.
- Cut-off time 20h45.
- Age category tags & 2023 license numbers must be worn on the front and back of the vest.
PRIZE GIVING: 20H45
PRIZE MONEY (MEN AND WOMEN)
PRIZE (MEN AND WOMEN) NB: NO VISIBLE CATEGORY TAG NO PRIZE
|GRAND MASTERS (60-69)||R300||R200||R150|
|Race incentive First Male runner under 32:00 Minutes||R500|
|Race incentive First Female runner under 40:00 Minutes||R500|
|TEAMS (open) Male & Female||4 x R100|
|CLUB PRIZE (FOR A CLUB WITH THE MOST FINISHERS IN OFFICIAL CLUB COLOURS DISPLAYING ASA 2023 NUMBERS FRONT & BACK)||R1000|
Taalmonument Night Race 10km & 5km 2023 in support of Drakenstein Palliative Hospice.
Founded by a small group of volunteers in 1991, Drakenstein Palliative Hospice is celebrating 30 years of community service in 2021.
We care for an average of 230 patients with life threatening illnesses in their homes per month. We provide care in all of the Drakenstein District, from Saron to Simondium including all the towns, rural areas and informal settlements.
Our Care Team ensures that patients and their families are provided with the best quality palliative care and to die with dignity. We are proudly a 5- star HPCA Hospice.
Our Palliative care experience and home-based care skills have been expanded to include Private Care patients, needing more intensive home care.
Donating to our shop, volunteering, providing financial support or becoming a Hospice Friend and donating skills and sharing expertise.