START TIME – 08:00
- Medals to all finishers within 2:30 cut-off time
- Age limit: 15 years or older on race day
- For catergory prizes: Age tags must be worn (front & back)
5km FUN RUN
START TIME – 08:15
- Medals to all finishers within 2 hour cut-off time
- Children under 9 years must be accompanied by an adult
- Participants must display Fun Run entry cards at the finish to receive medals
Start and Finish
Start & Finish at Beaumont Primary School, Somerset West.
Entries limited to 2000 Runners
- TimBuild Stellenbosch
Thursday 15 June
8am – 5pm
- TimBuild Somerset West & TimBuild Woodstock
Thursday 15 June
8am – 5pm
Friday 16 June
8am – 1pm
15km R120 (licensed runner)
15km R180 (unlicensed runner)
Free entries for runners over 70
5km fun run R50
Carry your own
This is a #CarryMyOwn race and is plastic-free. NO SACHETS WILL BE SUPPLIED!
Bring your own reusable water bottle or cup to refill at our well stocked Water stations
RACE INFORMATION AND ORGANISATION
Enquiries – Email Info@topevents.co.za
- Tog bag security facilities will be provided at own risk.
- Helderberg Harriers and WPA do not take responsibility for lost or stolen items.
- Refreshments will be on sale after the race.
- Medals to all finishers within cut-off times.
- Water will be available at the refill stations during the race and Coke & water will be available at the finish.
- A limited amount of cups will be supplied but we encourage all runners to carry their own cups or small bottles that can be refilled at each station.
- THERE WILL BE WATER STATIONS AT REGULAR INTERVALS BUT NO PLASTIC SACHETS.
- Remember to #RunGreen #IcarryMyOwn
- No Littering. Runners dispose of their litter within a “designated area”.
- Athletes who dispose of cups or other litter outside of these designated areas shall be guilty of an offence and liable to a warning and/or a fine.
- Licensed athletes must wear 2023 licences on their vests, front & back.
- All entrants must be 15 years or older on the day of the race.
- In the 5km Fun Run Children under 9 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Time limit for the 15km race is 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Age category tags (e.g. 40 / Junior) must be worn on the front and back of the vest, if runners wish to be eligible for category prizes. Runners should enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age, but may enter a younger category down to senior.
- Temporary licensed runners are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age
- Juniors (born 2004 or later) wearing a senior or junior licence must display category tags (J) to qualify for age group prizes. Juniors will count towards open team prizes.
- CLUB COLOURS must be worn to qualify for TEAM PRIZES.
- Runners must obey marshals/traffic officials.
- The organisers, sponsors and WPA accept no responsibility for any accident or injury resulting from participation in this event.
- No personal seconding will be permitted except at official refreshment stations.
- The use of music players with headphones is not allowed and may result in disqualification
- Temporary licences will be available at registration. When registering, participants must complete and hand in the tear-off strip from the number in order to be eligible to compete.
- Do Not Litter. This is a #CarryYourOwn Dispose of litter responsibly by using the boxes provided or carrying them to the finish. Report offenders to the referees.
- Detailed rules are available on the wpa.org.za website or on request from the organisers or the WPA office.
- DISCLAIMER : Participants in this event do so at their own risk and release and discharge the organisers, sponsors, provincial and national athletics bodies and all persons assisting in staging the event from any responsibility, liability or costs relating to any injury, loss or damage of whatever nature, however caused, arising directly or indirectly from their participation in the event.
Enter online at www.topevents.co.za until midnight 5th June 2023.
Free Shirt to first 20 Entries on 15km!
Cashless SNAPSCAN entries on race day.
Spookhill is a section of Parel Valley Road in Somerset West, where, if you switch your car off it appears to run up the hill instead of moving downhill. It has generated much discussion as to whether this apparent phenomenon is an optical illusion due to magnetism, or just one of the world’s great unsolved mysteries!
PRIZE-GIVING & LUCKY DRAW AT 10:30AM
|Men & Women||Open||40-49||50-59||60-69||70 plus||Junior 15-19|
|1st prize||R 1,700||R 1,000||R 600||R 600||R 600||R 600|
|2nd prize||R 1,000||R 750||R 400||R 400||R 400||R 400|
|3rd prize||R 800||R 500||R 300||R 300||R 300||R 300|
1st man & woman under route record R500 each
TEAM PRIZES (total time)
Open men: 4 x R300
Open women: 4 x R300
King & Queen of the mountain
will receive R350 each
(must complete race within time)
Route Record: Men 46:43 (Greg Liefeldt) Women 54:28 (Frith v.d. Merwe)
Helderberg Stroke Support Group
Approximately 400 people per day have strokes in South Africa. Strokes are the third leading cause of death in the Western Cape and one of the leading causes of disability in the country. The burden of stroke does not only result in high mortality rates, but also leaves approximately 50% of survivors chronically disabled.
Helderberg Stroke Support Group (HSSG) assists stroke survivors and their families in the Helderberg Basin and Grabouw. The main focus of the HSSG is on:
- – COMMUNITY GROUPS
- – TRAINING
- – REHABILITATION
- – STROKE PREVENTION
T-shirts: R295 each
Sizing chart below: