START TIMES: 06:00
Start and Finish
START VENUE: Parow Athletics Track
FINISH VENUE: Parow Athletics Track
Number collection will take place on Saturday 25th March 2023 10:00 – 17:00.
At the following Sportsmans Warehouse Stores:
- Somerset West
- Tyger Valley
Senior Licensed athlete R160.00
Senior Unlicensed athlete R230.00 includes temporary license
Event t-shirt R250.00
Entry Limits & Medals
Entries are limited to 1800
Medals : 100 Gold 400 Silver 1300 Bronze
Enquiries – Email Info@topevents.co.za
- This is a pre-entry race only. Enter online at www.topevents.co.za until midnight 20th March 2023
- All entrants to collect their race number pre-event, there will be NO collection on race day.
- Cut-off time is 10:30 – 4.5 hours.
- Licensed athletes entry fee is R160.
- Unlicensed athletes R230 includes a temporary license.
- Entry fees are not refundable
- The race is run according to the rules of ASA & WPA.
- Runners must obey traffic officers, race marshals, race officials at all times.
- Nobody under the age of 19 years may participate in the race.
- No personal seconding permitted.
- The time limit is 4hours 30 minutes
- One race number (bib) will be issued. Registered athletes must wear their ASA licences on the front and back of their vest. The race number must be worn on the front of the vest, partially covering the ASA licence, so that the ASA licence sponsor remains visible. Temporary licenced runners must wear the race number on the front of their vest and the temporary licence on the back.
- Age category tags must be worn (front and back) and visible for the entire race to be eligible for any age category prize including Juniors.
- Temporary licensed runners to wear plain clothing, no advertising.
- The use of music players with headphones is not allowed and may result in disqualification.
- Do not litter. Dispose of any refuse or cups responsibly using the boxes provided or carry them to the finish. Report offenders to the referees.
- Refreshment tables will have water and coke at approximately 3kms apart. Please NO Littering.
- Participants in this event do so at their own risk and release and discharge the organisers, sponsors, provincial and national Athletics bodies and all persons assisting in staging the event from any responsibility, liability or costs relating to any injury, loss or damage of whatever nature, however caused, arising directly or indirectly from their participation in the event.
- Detailed rules are available on www.wpa.org.za or on request from the organisers or the WPA office.
- Wheelchair athletes must please contact the organisers timeously to discuss arrangements for their participation.
- Entry cards must be in the athlete’s possession during the race and handed in at the results board at the finish.
Enter online at www.topevents.co.za until midnight 20th March 2023.
Please note that this is an online entry event only.
NO entries or collection will take place on race day.
PRIZE GIVING AND PRIZES
- Prize giving will start at 10:30
- In addition to Overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their Club vest. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
- Temporary licensed participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age.
|Prize money –
men & women
|OPEN||R1200||R 800||R 500|
|40-49||R 800||R 600||R 400|
|50-59||R 800||R 600||R 400|
|60-69||R 800||R 600||R 400|
|70+||R 800||R 600||R 400|
Animal Welfare Society of South Africa – https://awscape.org.za
WHAT WE DO:
Here are some of the services that the Animal Welfare Society offers:
- Offer a full range of veterinary services to the underprivileged and disadvantaged communities of Cape Town.
- Focus on education in the schools, and in our communities.
- Sterilise every animal that comes through our doors, as well as running sterilisation campaigns.
- Take in stray and unwanted pets, and rehome them.
- Respond to calls regarding cases of abuse, general neglect of animals, as well as reported cases of dog fighting.
- We also respond to reports from the City’s Traffic Department, SAPS and Metro Police, of injured or stray animals on our public roadways.