‘There is no health without mental health’
Recent data has suggested that one in six South Africans suffer from a mental health condition, such as anxiety, depression, a substance use disorder, bipolar, schizophrenia or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Of those suffering, only 25% access treatment and care, despite availability. There is a stigma associated with psychiatric illnesses that does not exist with physical illnesses.
Lundbeck is a Danish pharmaceutical company that specializes in the field of psychiatry and neurology. We are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health so every patient can be their best. World Mental Health Day takes place on 10 October every year. This annual awareness program aims to bring attention to mental illness and break down the barriers associated with having a mental health condition. Please join us as we raise money for Global Mental Health Peer Network
5km / 10km / 15km / 21.1km
Entry Fee is R60 for all distances.
– Entrants must complete their selected distance within the stipulated dates between the 10th – 17th October 2021
– 100% of your registration fee is being donated to a mental health charity.
Start and Finish
Entrants must complete their selected distance within the stipulated dates between the 10th and 17th October 2021
From the comfort of your own home (own route).
Run, Walk or Cycle for Mental Health Awareness, wear green on the day to show your support and tag us on Facebook or IG @TopEventSA
– Entry Fees are not refundable.
– We encourage all runners, walkers and cyclist not to litter and to follow safety precautions as stipulated by the government.
– Please wear your mask.
– You enter this event voluntarily and entirely at your own risk.
– While this is a virtual run, walk or cycle you are still obligated to ensure lockdown legislations are not contravened.
– Due to the nature of virtual events, no security or medical support will be in place.
– Please adhere to all COVID-19 restrictions & social distancing measures.
– NO running, walking or cycling on highways, major arterials or any other road where running is prohibited.
– Please stick to your neighborhood or your regular training routes that your use.
– Please respect all City by-laws.
– Encourage your runners to not run alone, and to stick to small groups or use a buddy system. Also encourage your runners to inform a fellow club member, friend or loved one of the route they will be running.
To enter and for details: www.topevents.co.za
Entry fee: R60 – 100% of the registration fee is being donated to a mental health charity.
Entries close: 6th October 2021 Midnight
- When entering online please be sure to add in your email address to receive your confirmation email.
The Global Mental Health Peer Network
We exist to empower, strengthen, and catalyse the voices of persons with lived experience worldwide. Our goal is to help cultivate a new generation of global lived experience leaders to empower and develop leaders worldwide to drive change and transformation in the global mental health sector.
Strengthening and empowering the voices of persons with lived experience worldwide to inspire respect and acknowledgement of their experiences, views, and opinions throughout the global mental health sector and around the world.
Working together with all stakeholders involved to affect the desired change
EXPERT BY EXPERIENCE
The views, opinions, and experiences of persons with lived experience should guide change within the Global Mental Health sector
- To develop global leadership of lived experience;
- To create a platform where persons with lived experience can share their views, perceptions, and experiences;
- To connect mental health care user groups and movements globally to form a community of experts by experience and who are empowered to self-advocate and advocate on a broader and global scale;
- To become the first truly globally represented lived experience organisation in the world, who are instrumental in driving change and transformation, in every country.
|All entrants agree that the information they have supplied is true and correct. That they are in good health, are physically fit and trained to participate in and understand the risks associated with the event. They agree to abide by all the rules and conditions of the event and accept that they enter and participate at their own risk and fully indemnify the organisers, Lundbeck all sponsors and partners, volunteer groups, medical personnel and any or all other parties from any direct or indirect loss of damage, however caused, arising from their participation in the event, or related to the event. They grant permission in terms of section 51 of the electronics communication transactions act 25 of 2002, to use their name, race information, photographs, video tapes, broadcasts, telecasts in which they may appear free of charge. They accept that their personal information will remain confidential and consent to same being shared with the parties involved in the organization of the event for purposes of registration, timing, medical care, rankings, and other activities related to the promotion of the event. They grant permission for their personal details to be shared with relevant partners for specific orders that they have subscribed to. I have read, understood, and agree to the Waiver/Disclaimer|